Area of Responsibility Key Elements and Essential Tasks
1. Marketing: Work closely with the marketing department to insure ongoing exposure of the specialty leasing program in the mall’s marketing efforts including in mall signage and digital media. Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities representing the property and JLL.
2. Specialty Leasing: Identify new and unique prospects for the specialty leasing program and/or permanent leasing. Ensure that specialty leasing retailers and amenities enhance the appearance and values of the shopping center and meet JLL’s visual merchandising requirements and standards of professionalism. Maintain ongoing communication with permanent leasing agent to ascertain space availability, merchandise mix goals, and incubation candidates. Generate alternative revenue through ancillary income opportunities. Oversee all specialty leasing retailers to ensure adherence to the property’s Operational Guidelines and Design Criteria. Prepare all license agreement documents in the DealTrak system. Coordinate the execution of agreements with the General Manager and the licensee. Coordinate all national deals with the specialty leasing regional team. Establish an ongoing partnership with licensees to maximize individual store sales through a retailer communication/sales program. Develop and implement specialty leasing retailer action plans aimed at maximizing sales and increasing the center’s value.
3. Accounting: Monitor, control, and adjust, as appropriate, specialty leasing budgets and forecasts and ancillary income goals to meet year-end projections. Process all license agreements in accordance with the Data Management Procedures. Collect monthly sales reports from licensees and generate a sales report, ensuring all percentage rent and percentage in lieu is billed appropriately. Ensure rent is collected from all licensees adhering to the Specialty Leasing A/R Policies & Procedures .
4. Operations: Ensure each licensee has provided the appropriate Certificate of Insurance. Coordinate the set-up, relocation, and breakdown of all specialty leasing licensees. Ensure that JLL Core Practices are followed. Support the property team in efforts to maintain appropriate client and tenant satisfaction ratings.
5. Miscellaneous: Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education/training: Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution. Degree in accounting, marketing preferred.
Years of relevant experience: 3 years practical experience. Three years of related sales experience or retail experience.
Skills and knowledge: Experience in managing budgets. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). Selling and negotiation skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with others.
Certifications/Licenses: Must have or be willing to get Real Estate license within 90 days of employment.
For more than 250 years, JLL has been a trusted partner to organizations who want more value from the commercial real estate they own, use and invest in. We focus on what we do best, and that’s helping our clients achieve their ambitions.
We are a professional services firm, with specialists whose common passion is real estate. Our knowledge runs deep, with experts in every property type and every facet of transaction, management and advisory services.
Our people are known for the way they collaborate – with each other and with their clients. We have a talent for bringing together the right combination of skills and matching them with valuable data, powerful connections and a deep understanding of real estate and capital markets. The result? One-of-a-kind advice and solutions. Assets and portfolios that are more valuable. Buildings that operate at peak performance. Workplaces where employees can thrive.
Our 70,000+ employees are hard at work in 80 countries, tackling local, regional and global real estate challenges for corporates and investors of all sizes. They’re building careers in a company that seeks out talented performers from diverse backgrounds and offers a setting where they can achieve their own ambitions, both professional and personal.