The Strategic Planning & Analysis group (“SP&A”) is responsible for financial planning, analysis, and research in support of the development, acquisition, and operating activities of the Irvine Company. Within SP&A, the Financial Planning team coordinates the budgeting and forecasting process for all of the Company’s business lines, with directly embedded support for the Office and Retail divisions. The Financial Planning team is also tasked with providing additional operational analytics and business process improvement projects on an ad hoc basis. The position will support the Retail Financial Planning team.
The Manager will provide analytical support across many facets of SP&A with specific responsibilities as follows:
Plan and Forecast Process Leadership
• Facilitate financial planning, analysis and information management activities for the Retail division
• Assist in completion of the Retail division’s quarterly forecasts, annual budgeting processes, operating plan variance analyses, and special projects
• Consolidation of financial projections for executive reporting, presentations, and analysis
• Prepare, refine, and advise on presentation materials for senior management team
Executive Decision Support
• Provide financial consulting and strategic support to the Retail division, including analysis related to all reporting, planning, and forecasting deliverables, financial presentations, ad-hoc financial and operational analysis, industry / peer group comparisons, and other projects
• Analyze complex financial information to provide accurate and timely recommendations to management for decision making purposes
• Produce quarterly and monthly financial reports
Data Management & Analytical Tools
• Manage the continued development of data modeling tools
• Lead reporting and process improvement initiatives including software implementation and business intelligence platform development
• Develop financial models and structure the analytic framework to support strategic initiatives
• Lead processes to improve data collection and utilization practices; assist in the design and implementation of processes, systems, or software to provide foundational support for a robust, data driven decision making environment
• Strong Academic Background. Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field; MBA a plus.
• Proven Analytic Capabilities. Three to five years of experience within corporate finance, investment banking, consulting, or commercial real estate. Strong understanding of financial statement analysis, accounting, and corporate finance concepts required. Must have excellent Microsoft Excel and data modeling skills; knowledge of database structures a plus.
• Superior Communication Skills. This position will be expected to interact in a professional environment with individuals at all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will be able to develop credibility and influence across the Company through both quality of work product and proactive relationship-building with key business partners.
• Self-Motivated Leadership Style. Must be comfortable taking the initiative to learn and own work product and process. This position requires being highly organized and sharing the Company’s passion for attention to detail. Expectations include the highest standards of accuracy, ability to think creatively, and a willingness to embrace change and ambiguity.
• Team-Oriented. Analytic functional groups at Irvine Company are lean teams that rely on all members to both own their area of expertise and contribute on new projects as needed. Must possess a willingness to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity, and to contribute positively to a collaborative culture.
About Irvine Company
Irvine Company Retail Properties owns and operates some of the most beautiful open-air centers in California and the nation.
With three regional centers and more than 39 neighborhood and community centers from which to choose, millions of guests each year enjoy a vibrant mix of shopping, dining and entertainment in California’s fabled sunshine.
Regional centers include Fashion Island®, the premier outdoor luxury shopping center in Newport Beach with ocean views… Irvine Spectrum Center®, where more than 130 retail stores, restaurants and entertainment venues come together for an energized retail experience… and The Market Place, a powerhouse for shopping, dining and entertainment.
What Sets Us Apart
With forward-thinking retail and service mixes, each destination is meticulously planned to create an inviting atmosphere.
Every center is ideally located to truly support the community it serves.
Ongoing reinvestment results in a vibrant and successful blend of merchants that keep our retail centers on the leading edge of consumer needs.