Responsible for leading the Real Estate and Development efforts of Sbarro. Oversees new site selection, renewals, and lease negotiations. Helps support franchisees in reviewing real estate opportunities.
1. Oversees site selection and analysis for mall based and non-traditional venues including airports and special projects for core brand Sbarro domestic new store growth for primarily franchised locations
2. Oversees site selection for new and emerging brands including suburban based expansion and Neighborhood Sbarro development.
3. Negotiates renewals with national mall/outlet owners to enhance the portfolio of brand representation. Serves as point of contact with mall operators. Nurtures these relationships with mall owners and landlords.
4. Oversees new lease negotiations, interfacing with Company legal and construction teams and for new stores and remodels.
5. Assists in determining feasibility of remodels and relocations of company operated sites. Works with SVP to help coordinate construction projects.
6. Escalates signs of non-renewal immediately to supervisor. Works to mitigate these situations and ensure a favorable outcome.
7. Builds and manages the Department’s Annual Budget.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Excellent knowledge of facility related issues. Knowledge of restaurant, retail and multi-unit operations preferred. Excellent communications, organizational, strategic planning, analytical, relationship building, and management skills. Influencing and consulting skills, developing client relationships, ability to handle confidential information, advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and systems.